Sunday, February 20, 2011

coloring in photoshop

I took this ink sketch in my art journal and scanned it into my computer.  
Then headed over to Photoshop...
…then did the "magic wand and paint can" thing to color the areas.  You know how much i love to color!!

 Really like how this came out! I am such a dinosaur.  My kids know so much more about computer graphics than i do!  My art training consisted of extensive drawing and painting, as that's where my specialty was.  I'm an artist, an illustrator.  I never learned much on the computer, as i was always working by hand with pens and brushes, paints and inks.  Sad to admit that i am so illiterate about much of the Photoshop possibilities.  My goal is to keep the hand drawn feel of my work, while bringing it into a new dimension.  I love to play and learn, and my skills are coming along.

 It is amazing to me how artwork can be manipulated into so many things.  That's cool.

7 comments:

  1. i'm with you.....i'm SO computer-challenged!! but with all of the fabulous things photoshop can offer, it will never replace the magnificence of your hand-drawn sketch!! i love it!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh Joanne, thank you for the nice comment about my blog! I'm in love with your artwork; it's so pretty, happy and bright! Love the "Just Be" and I have to say I look at it every time I come to your blog! Ditto what Lori said! KUDOS kiddo! My learning curve... is much slower with photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear great artists such as YOU Lori and Leslie, AGREE with me! I love hand draw……...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I wish I could do what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am struggling with Photoshop. I know soo little about it. Your designs are beautiful and bright and inspiring. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I 'almost' hate to do this to you, Joanne - but I have a Photoshop swatch file with the manufacturer's specs for all the Copic colors on my blog. *insert evil laughter*
    http://www.sallylynnmacdonald.com/files/COPIC334_RGB.aco

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, way to go!!!! I'm impressed Jo. I tried P.E. right after Christmas and got so frustrated and sweet friends keep giving me stuff to build on my program. I might have to resort to taking a class (if they will let me in) at the senior citizens computer club in town, especially knowing now that there is a copic's color swatch out there!!! Oh me achin' brain!!!

    ReplyDelete